Swirls in the Glass Marble

Twisted tendrils of myriad hues bound and fated to dance about each other in clear and serene stillness: Yellow, Red, Green, Violet, Blue and many other of their brothers and sisters acting as heralds to those funny and wondrous thoughts that I find colourful.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The World's Music - Absolution


Heh, I'm sorry for not posting for the last couple of days.^^ I can't say that it's been difficult to get the change, but I apparently didn't decide to take those moments. Anyway, onto the topic: Listening to the World's Music.

For the last couple of days, I've been wandering all about Vancouver. I can't say there's much other reason behind it except that I wanted to see a lot more of where I live. To tell the truth, I don't think I've ever been so amazed in my life... Just the very feeling of knowing that there is just about everything around me, the fact that I can immerse myself in almost any culture just by walking down the street, literally blows my mind. To tell the truth, it made me realize a lot of things about myself, things I honestly couldn't see even just a couple of days ago. I'm grateful that I can now...

By walking in beat with this new song, this view I've experienced, I've felt the my past failings deeper than I have before. And miraculously, I started laughing instead of crying for the first time in my life. I saw visions of myself in school, with my friends, with romantic partners and with business and I couldn't help but laugh with glee, so amused at myself in so many different ways. In fact, I've seen so much, I feel like I've died and been reborn as somebody else to veiw these memories with a different mind. For this, I want to thank Vancouver, the move itself and the anime series 'Graviattion,' for which I am now a worshipper of.^^

But what of my past self? It was really something when I stood in the mirror and saw my future self for the first time, who I wanted to, dreamt to, honestly longed to be and realized that I was actually turning into him. I surely haven't reached that point yet, but I can feel it. Again, what of who I was? I see myself now: Bright, funny, artsy, a thinker to a fault and somewhat polite to strangers. Not to mention these qualities: Timid, stubborn in my ignorance, resentful to change and one of the biggest worry and cryers in the world. Who am I know? Heh, your guess is as good as mine, but I love him.

This section is something special to me... It came to me, the notion of honesty after a lot of self-reflection. And then the question, am I resentful for being who I was back in the states? Was I a jerk or a brat? Did I do things right? To tell the truth, all of the answers are yes and no. Then I thought, am I to be proud of who I was? This brat/not brat and jerk/not jerk... In honestly honour, I didn't care. I didn't think about it... It was inevitable that I was who I was, but the thing I have been thankful for are my friends and the experiences they've opened up to me, the moments we've shared... I've always had a lot of trouble saying the word "love" when it comes to anything I've ever had reason to question myself on, even the smallest thing. For that, I apologize that I never used it like it was meant to be used. That said, I want to say this...

ALL OF YOU BACK HOME, I LOVE YOU ALL!
That's right, you heard it from me. I really love all of you guys at home and there's never a day when you all aren't in my thoughts. Joel, you've been one of my most valued and greatest friends for over ten years. With all hope, I hope we will for many decades to come. Foxy, you're honestly one of the oddest people I've ever met, but also one of the most addictive people to be around, even when you're boring as hell. Rob, Reber, Nick, Tom, Lacey, Jenny, Jackie, Ben and all the others I've been around, I've enjoyed being around each and every one of you for the good times we've shared. My co-workers, my teachers and the wide circle of friends I hardly ever hung out with on leisure time, I miss you all too. Lastly, I want to extend this feeling toward all of my ex-lovers, especially my last one brought out the biggest and most honest life change in my life... Truthfully, I really couldn't be happier with who I am now and that's something that you've caused in one way or another, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Levity - An often inappropriate lack of seriousness.

As you've seen, my address is www.levityismyguide.blogspot.com. If you haven't, then just look up and you'll see it. -_-;; Anyway, I just wanted to define that if you really didn't know what that meant. Let levity guide you to places you never knew were, let it carry you to the unexplored regions of life if you live as I. But once you get there, grab onto the good things with both hands and never let go! Live life as you see fit and live for the sake of living! Be honest to yourself and others, and above all, enjoy life as much as you can. I know the last part sounded as if I was dying or getting shot to the moon, but read those words with everything I just said taken into account. What that said, I leave you now to whatever it is you're doing. Come and see me again sometime and I'll tell you of many things, both good and bad. Till then, live well.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Joel said…

    Thanks trux... I hope so too

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger David said…

    i do believe this move has caused upon you an epiphany.

    not that small epiphany that occurrs

    no, this is a much larger epiphany. the one that comes when you realize that your whole life up until this moment hasn't been bad, or even wrong, but that it has been slightly out of harmony, and upon a tuneing you find that the whole world is brighter. more right.

    kudose trux, you win 10 points.
    ~David

    PS. who the hell is jev?

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Jev = Nice Guy^^ Simple as that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home